BIFS Admissions Policy
All parents are requested to note that enrolment and admission to Busan International Foreign School (“BIFS”) are subject to the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms and Conditions”)
1. Admissions and BIFS Policies. The enrolment of a prospective student at BIFS, including the placement of the prospective student into a particular grade group, is subject to BIFS admissions and entry policies and all other policies and procedures(including those relating to discipline and curriculum) as amended by BIFS from time to time.
2. Withdrawal by the BIFS of an Enrolment Offer. If any of the following occurs, the offer of enrolment or the enrolment itself can be withdrawn or suspended or made subject to new terms and conditions: (i) BIFS determines that there has been any breach of BIFS’s policies or procedures or these Terms and Conditions; (ii) there has been any misrepresentation or inadequate disclosure about the prospective student; (iii) BIFS determines at any time that it cannot reasonably meet the child’s needs, this may include, without limitations, situations where BIFS was unable to interview the prospective student fully before offering a place to the prospective students (e.g., where the prospective student was overseas) and subsequently determines it cannot meet the child’s needs. If a student’s existing enrolment is withdrawn, suspended, or made subject to new Terms and Conditions for any of the aforesaid reasons, this will be done pursuant to BIFS policy.
3. Withdrawal by Parent. If a parent desires to withdraw a child for any reason from BIFS, that parent shall deliver a written withdrawal notice a minimum of fourteen-day prior to withdrawing any students to BIFS. No transcript, transfers, or other records will be released until all books are returned.
4. Returning students. Returning students must confirm their place by March 15. To continue enrolment at BIFS for the subsequent academic year, any amounts owed for previous academic years must first be cleared. A non-refundable re-enrolment payment of KRW 2,000,000 must be made on or before March 31. The re-enrolment payment will be applied to tuition due for the subsequent academic year. The first invoice for new academic year is due on or before July 31.
5. Newly enrolled students. Payment of all tuition and fees is due within 14 days after admission acceptance or prior to the first day of classes, whichever date occurs first. Newly enrolled students who accepted before July 15 for the subsequent academic year should pay before July 31.
6-1. Re-enrolment Fee, Application Fee, Enrolment Fee, Technology Development Fee and Capital Development Fee are non-refundable fees.
6-2. When applicable, refund of fees will be applied as follows:
- During the first semester: If full year prepaid, 1st semester school fee rate will be charged and the balance will refund.
- 1st half of a semester: prorated refund, minus 10% administration charge.
- 2nd half of a semester: No refund.
6-3. Annual: August 10, 2017 - June 13, 2018
1st Semester: 1st half of a semester : August 10, 2017 ~ October 20, 2017
2nd half of a semester : October 20, 2017 ~ January 19, 2018
2nd Semester: 1st half of a semester : January 22, 2018 ~ April 11, 2018
2nd half of a semester : April 12, 2018 ~ June 13, 2018
7. Attendance Conditional Upon Full Payment. The parent accepts that a student’s entitlement to begin or continue classes at BIFS is conditional upon payment in full of each semester’s tuition fees and all other charges for which the parent is liable. The parent shall take full responsibility to ensure that payment is made in full whether or not tuition fees and other charges are paid by the parent or the employer of one of the parents.
8. Administration charge for Late Payment. A late fee for the outstanding balance can be charged for any payments received after the applicable due date.
9. Outstanding Payments. Students with outstanding accounts may have their school attendance privileges revoked by the school until such time as their accounts are current. If any payment remains, no transcript, transfers, or other records will be released until full payment is received.
10. Student Photographs. Photographs or film of students and prospective students may appear in BIFS’s materials, brochures, websites, advertisements or press releases. Parents who would not like their child to appear in any or all of these must notify BIFS in writing at the time of application.
11. Parental Consent. If one parent of a child consents to or approves a course of action, both parents will be deemed to have given such consent or approval, and BIFS shall not be obliged to obtain the consent of both parents. Where the need arises, BIFS may authorize the taking of such action as BIFS deems necessary or desirable in the circumstances, including obtaining medical examination or treatment of a child, calling for further medical or specialist advice or treatment or the removal of the child to a hospital or other location, all expenses thereby incurred being for the parent’s account. BIFS will endeavor to contact one or both parents in the above circumstances and endeavor to obtain their consent but where neither parent can be reasonably contacted or if BIFS deems that the circumstances do not reasonably allow for such contact to be made, BIFS is hereby authorized to take such action as it deems necessary or desirable in the interest of the child and BIFS.
12. BIFS Liability. BIFS shall not be held liable or responsible for any personal or other injury or loss that a child, parent or any other person may sustain at any time:
12-1. outside BIFS gates or premises including without limitation on the road, pavement or car parks outside BIFS, notwithstanding that BIFS staff may be present or providing traffic control guidance at such location.
12-2. on a school bus or on a school trip save as specified in BIFS’s school bus and trips policy.
12-3. within BIFS gates or premises unless such injury or loss is sustained during a BIFS supervised activity and is directly and fully attributable to the fault or negligence of BIFS, BIFS officers or the BIFS employees. In particular, the parent acknowledges that some BIFS activities including without limitation sporting and play time activities are important to the students’ educational and developmental needs, but by their nature such activities may involve the risk of physical injury even though BIFS has taken reasonable steps to minimize the risk of injury.
12-4. anywhere, whether within or outside BIFS gates or premises, in connection with any unsupervised activity or any activity partly or wholly supervised or provided by any third party other than BIFS.
13. Disclosure. Please note that it is important to declare in writing all medical, behavioral, emotional and other issues that might affect your child’s life at BIFS. In the case of a child with special educational needs, the BIFS shall have the right to assess at any time whether it can provide or continue to provide adequate educational care and provision. If your child has previously been asked to leave another school, this information must be provided. Failure to give full and frank disclosure in writing at any time during the application process shall entitle BIFS to withdraw or suspend the offer of enrolment or the enrolment itself or to make the offer or enrolment itself subject to new terms and conditions with immediate effect.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to amendment by BIFS and shall take effect within 30 days from the date written notice is given to a parent, whether by printed copy, email notification, website notification or otherwise.